Use of should have in English grammar

You know that Sentences are more than just string of words. They are thoughts , ideas and stories. Just like letters build words,words build sentence , sentence builds language and give it personality .

 

You also know that  without sentence , there are no real communication . If you were only reading words right now you would not be able to understand what I’m saying.

There is an important and more usable rule in English which is
    
  “ Should have “

Should have means something did not happen but we wish it had happened . We use should have to take about past mistakes. A worried mother might say …

“ I was so worried about you . You should have called me ”

Should have In Bangla sentence making :

আমারা যখন অতীতের  কোনো কিছু নিয়ে আফসোস প্রকাশ করি তখন আমারা Should have ব্যবহার করতে পারি । মানে এমন কোন কাজ যা করা উচিত ছিল কিন্তু করা হয় নি ।

ধরা যাক , আপনার ভাই এর কোনো Important কাজ আছে আগামিকাল সকালে । এখন আপনি তাকে বলছেন কালকে সকালেই তুমাকে যেতে হবে । তাই তোমার তাড়াতাড়ি ঘুমাতে যাওয়া নিড ( You should go to bed early )

সে দেরি করে ঘুমিয়েছে এখন সকালে তার দেরি হয়েছে যার জন্য বলছেন  তোমার তাড়াতাড়ি ঘুমানো উচিত ছিল । এই বাক্যটি হল অতীতের ঘটনা নিয়ে আফসোস  । তাই আমারা এই বাক্যটিকে বলতে পারি -

Now you are so late. You should have gone to bed earlier . You should not have late at night.

More example :


আমার ভালভাবে পড়া উচিত ছিল (আফসোস প্রকাশ) - I should have studied properly .

আমার তাকে বিয়ে করা উচিত ছিল - I should have married him .

তোমার কম্পিউটার শিখা উচিত ছিল - You should have learnt computer .

তোমার ধরয ধরা উচিত ছিল - You should have patient .

তোমার বৃষ্টিতের ভিজা উচিত ছিল না - You should not have gotten wet in the rain .

তোমার  তাড়াতাড়ি ঘুমানো উচিত ছিল = You Should have gone to bed earlier

আমার এটা বলা উচিত হয় নই = I should not have said that.

আমার বেশি নেশা করা উচিত হয় নি = I should not have drunk so much

তার সেখানে ভাল স্কোর উচিত ছিল = He should have scored there

আমার ওই জ্যাকেটটি কিনা উচিত হয় নি = I should not have bought that jacket 



Post a Comment

0 Comments