Collocation with Take

In English collocation refers to a specific arrangement of certain words which create their own distinct meaning.The meaning of collocation is different than the meaning of each individual word put together.


There are many collocation in English.Collocations are often called, ‘expressions’

There have many words which we use as a collocation such as “have”, “make”, “Do” . etc  Today we will focus on collocations with the word take . for example,

 

ইংরেজিতে collocation বলতে কিছু শব্দের একটি নির্দিষ্ট বিন্যাসকে বোঝায় যা তাদের নিজস্ব স্বতন্ত্র অর্থ তৈরি করে collocation এর অর্থ পৃথক পৃথক প্রতিটি শব্দের অর্থ এর মত হয় না। অনেকটা আলাদা অর্থ বুঝায়।

 


 

Take a break -

This means “ to stop a task and rest” . It dose not mean the individual meaning of the words “ take “ and “ break “ or to take something and break it . The collocation is most often used when at breaks are dictated by law. The collocation can also mean ‘ to stop doing something for a long period of time’.In this case, take a break from is said or written.

 

Take a break এর মানে হল “ বিরতি নেওয়া” । এর মানে কিন্তু আবার “take” ও “Break” এর আলাদা করে অর্থ বুঝায় না। মানে আমরা যদি বলি “take” এর মানে হল নেওয়া এবং যদি বলি “Break” এর মানে হল ভাঙ্গা। তাহলে অর্থ হত একটা ভাঙ্গা নেওয়া। যেটা আসলে ঠিক না। অনেক্ষন ধরে বা দীর্ঘ সময় ধরে কিছু করছি এখন একটু বিরতি নিতে চাই এই অর্থে  আমারা “take a break” বাক্যে ব্যবহার করি ।

 

For example - Hey,Hasan, It’s 2.40 pm . Let’s take a break and get a coffee.

 

List of expression with take-

  • Take (subject ) to court
  • Take a bite
  • Take temperature
  • Take a phone call
  • Take charge
  • Takes one breath away
  • Take responsibility
  • Take the lead
  • Take a rain check
  • Take a bow
  • Take a break
  • Take a call
  • Take a chance
  • Take a class
  • Take a decision
  • Take a holiday
  • Take a lesson
  • Take a message
  • Take a look
  • Take a nap
  • Take a number
  • Take a photo
  • Take a picture
  • Take a rest
  • Take a risk
  • Take a seat
  • Take a shower
  • Take a step
  • Take a taxi
  • Take a test
  • Take medicine
  • Take notes
  • Take notice
  • Take part
  • Take place
  • Take turns
  • Take pride in
  • Take time
  • Take your time
  • Take a decision
  • Take a survey
  • Take advice
  • Take a vacation
  • Take a long time
  • Take lessons
  • Take the bus
  • Take effect
  • Take it seriously
  • Take a course
  • Take a chance
  • Take a hike
  • Take my place

 

sentence making with "Take"

Take (subject ) to court

I will take you to court if you persist in pestering my client

 

Take a bite

Do you want to take a bite from this cake ?

 

Take temperature

We take temperature reading every two hours

 

Take a phone call

Pardon me please,I had to take a call.

 

Take charge

The deputy took charge in the case of robbery

 

Takes one breath away

When I saw her,she tool my breath away.

 

Take responsibility

You need to take responsibility for your actions

 

Take the lead

Jery wanted to take the lead in this project to prove her skill

 

Take a rain check

I can’t come to your party because I’m sick.can I take a rain check ?

 

Take a bow

during the show,I Could barely take a bow

 

Take a break

I want to take a break and work on some thing

 

Take a call

Pardon me please,I had to take a call.

 

Take a chance

We will take a chance to have the party outdoor

 

Take a class

You could just walk in,sit down and take a class.

 

Take a decision

You have to take a decision in life

 

Take a holiday

He had intended to take a holiday in New York

 

Take a lesson

I might take a lesson form you

 

Take a message

The manager is out,can I take a message ?

 

Take a look

I will take a look at the website and let you know what I think

 

Take a nap

I usually take a nap after lunch

 

Take a number

I think It will take a number of months for this to play out

 

Take a photo

Why did you take so many photo on holiday ?

 

Take a picture

Could I take a picture of you?

 

Take a rest

You have done very hard word.so now you can take a rest.

 

Take a risk

If you want to do business then you have to take a risk

 

Take a seat

Take a seat while I get you something to drink

 

Take a shower

I usually take a shower before having my breakfast

 

Take a step

I take a step into the center of the circle

 

Take a taxi

Let’s not take a taxi;we can easily walk over

 

Take a test

Have you taken your driving test yet ?

 

Take medicine

Take medicine when you get groups.

 

Take notes

He drew out hit notebook and Behan to take notes

 

Take notice

This news made us all site up and take notice

 

Take part

He will take part in this contest

 

Take place

The weeding will take place in October.

 

Take turns

 

Take pride in

I take pride in my work

 

Take time

Her mental scars will take time to heal

 

Take your time

Whatever you do, slow down and take your time.

 

Take a decision

You have to take lots of a decision in life.

Post a Comment

0 Comments